Marchment Hill Consulting has a strong corporate culture of openness, honesty, mutual trust, respect and integrity. We work closely with our consultants to identify and address their individual development needs in order to support their career progression through the firm.
Marchment Hill is continually seeking outstanding individuals to join their team. We look for people experienced in consulting, or from within the industries we serve.
Current opportunities below:
Senior Consultant – Energy and Water Sectors
- Permanent role
- Melbourne based
- Leading boutique management and strategy consultancy
Are you a senior management consultant with at least 5 years’ work experience within a reputable consulting firm and clients in the energy or water sectors? Frustrated with bureaucracy and the pace of change? Want a better work-life balance? Fancy joining a dynamic, boutique consulting firm dedicated to making a real difference?
OK – so far so good. Next step. Would your friends describe you as:
- Inquisitive and intelligent?
- Self-motivated and creative?
- A bit of a geek about the power and utilities sector?
- Driven and able to motivate those around you, tactfully?
- A naturally strong oral and written communicator?
If the above apply… we’d love to hear from you!
Following intense market demand for our services from stakeholders across both the energy and water sectors, Marchment Hill Consulting is hiring an experienced senior consultant to help shape the development of our growing team.
You will drive change across the sector, leveraging a solid understanding of the commercial, technological and regulatory changes impacting the sectors and how they are impacting incumbent actors and new players. You will use your network of contacts to grow our client base even further.
You will have a proven track record in delivering high quality outcomes for clients and a growing ability to develop new business. You will also have the drive and passion to assist our clients improve other facets of their businesses. You can expect to leverage your knowledge across a diverse range of strategic consulting offerings including business strategy, organisation design, performance optimisation and transaction support.
You will be given considerable autonomy and significant development opportunities, with the support of the CEO, Board and wider consulting team, to build and shape the business. You will help steer the team, including directly influencing what opportunities are pursued, who we recruit, how we work and how we help our clients. You will help shape the team to support you.
As part of this, you will develop thought leadership to support client targeting, potentially including media activity. On projects, your role will be to shape and deliver the project to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria. This involves identifying and discussing key issues up front with the client and wider team, scoping project deliverables, developing the team’s work plan, reviewing and challenging team output, assessing risks, and driving successful conclusions.
To be successful, you should:
- Be an experienced consultant with at least 5 years’ experience with a reputable consulting firm and a deep working knowledge and understanding of the change underway in the electricity and/or water sectors
- Have a track record of making friends and influencing people – ideally leading to business development and sales
- Have industry and consulting experience in the electricity and/or water sectors
- Have experience in other management consulting and advisory services, with performance optimisation and mergers & acquisitions being highly desirable
- Have led a team in the successful delivery of programs or projects using your strategic, analytical, organisational and program management skills
- Have delivered top-quality advice and client deliverables in a time-constrained environment
- Have quickly develop an understanding of the client’s needs and respond accordingly
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage internal staff and contractors
Applicants must be at minimum degree qualified (with some preference for Business disciplines) – plus have at least 8-10 years’ work experience demonstrating increasing responsibilities. Post graduate studies in relevant disciplines are desirable.
About Marchment Hill Consulting (MHC)
We are a top-quality boutique management consultancy focused on serving the needs of the energy and water sectors and working at the cutting edge of industry change.
We help our clients (both established market players and new entrants) thrive in a rapidly changing landscape where customer choice, disruptive technologies and environmental concerns are transforming traditional industry norms. We value our role as independent advisers.
Our consultants have worked for over 200 clients around the globe and are known for:
- The quality of our insight
- The internal support we generate for change
- The way we work with our clients to implement solutions and deliver measurable value.
Please apply to email@example.com with a cover letter and CV.